Who are we?
noon.com is a technology leader with a simple mission: to create world-class digital marketplaces for consumers and businesses across the Middle East. Starting in 2017 with noon.com, the region’s homegrown e-commerce platform and leading online shopping destination, noon is now an ecosystem of services – noon, noon daily, noon food, NowNow, SIVVI, noon VIP, and noon pay – all developed to help empower and inspire a generation of diverse, digital-first consumers and businesses. We are creating a local digital champion to empower the region and accelerate the digital economy and are looking for the best talent in the world to join our team. If you want to work for the most exciting digital company in the Middle East and believe you are a good fit keep reading!
What you’ll do?
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with finance experience and proven abilities to manage complex projects. This person will work closely with the noon leadership team across several cross-functional teams including operations, retail category leaders, to provide strategic guidance and financial decision support.
- Manage the Finance function for the retail business
- Manage the supplier agreements, legal onboarding, and accounts payables
- Manage the Cash Flow management for the business vertical
- Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
- Drive the core financial processes for the category including Annual Operating Plan, long-range Strategic Plan, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Accounting and book closing in terms of Payable, Rebates, Banking, and intercompany transactions.
- Provide Financial Analysis and management reports to the various business stakeholders.
- Ensure all financial & budgetary controls are in place for the division and the company.
- Supervise a team of AP team leads for Back Office in India. SLA management of the assigned team
- Complete complex business modeling and analysis to drive revenue growth, identify operating improvements.
- Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data-driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its profitability
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key data is timely and accurate
What you’ll need?
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics.
- Retail Experience is a must for this role.
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, or ACCA preferred
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or experience in the areas of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Measured experience demonstrating problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Highly detail-oriented with proven strong business sense
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and, dynamic environment
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
- Experience building models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem-solving
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-pressure environment with a strong passion for delivering results. A candidate who has a successful history of working in teams solving challenging topics and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. At noon, we have the courage to pursue what seems impossible. We work hard to get things done. We go to great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers to our sellers or noon Bandidos is stellar but above all, we are grateful for the opportunities we have. If you feel the above values resonate with you – you will enjoy this incredible journey with us!