Full-Time Senior Audit Manager
A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Audit Manager”.
|Qualification||MSC | MBA | CA | IT Certification|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||35,000 AED – 40,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Join our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Audit Manager (SAM) based in Sharjah.
What We Do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Actively support development of risk based audit programme and in a ‘Hands-On’ manner manage the delivery of a portfolio of independent objective audits across Petrofac. Proactively support end-to-end delivery of the Audits through performing audit work where the team lack the capacity or capability to complete.
Leading Portfolio of Audit
- Lead a portfolio of audits (in the region of 15 per year) which are identified at the beginning of the year, which the SAM is accountable for planning and delivering end-to-end with limited supervision. Accountabilities for managing the portfolio of audits include:
- Working with the GHoA to identify and agree the relevant portfolio of audits from the Audit Programme
- Schedule the audits with the business with respect to timing, locations and key points of contact.
- Actively manage a range of business relationships to support delivery of the portfolio of audits.
- Allocate Internal Audit resources, including agreeing Audit Leads, resolving resource conflicts and identifying requirements for 3rd party support.
- Direct, Manage and proactively support the end-to-end delivery of each audit (Scoping, Planning, Execution, Reporting and Closure) in line with GIA methodology, coordinating the Audit Lead, rest of the audit team and the business.
- Coach Audit Leads and Team Members in delivery of audit work.
- Being a ‘Hands-On’ manager monitor and report on progress of portfolio of audits and using judgement intervene on performing audit execution and delivery as required and escalate to GHoA relevant matters as appropriate.
- On an “as needs” basis directly engage in delivery of audits through executing audit work where the team lack the capacity or capability to complete.
Other Internal Audit Activities
- Annual Audit Programme planning – the SAM will lead or directly support the development of the Annual Audit Programme, including identifying risk based audits in their area of expertise/business.
- Manage/perform (as needed) the verification of Agreed Management Actions for Findings from their audits and support broader team to close out their verification.
- Prepare relevant sections of quarterly reports to Management and the Board (e.g. Group Executive Committee and the Audit Committee). This could include updating data, writing sections of reports, developing insights and themes etc.
- Internal Audit continuous improvement/Transformation activities – support development of the programme and complete assigned activities.
- Business relationships – hold relationships with a range of people (up to and including Group Executive Committee members) in the business both verbal and written to help facilitate GIA access to information and people, deliver portfolio of audits and identification of risk based audits for future years.
- Live the Petrofac Values and operate to high ethical standards – we access confidential information and are visible across the Group, so we must operate to the highest standards.
- Internal Audit methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Business Knowledge – expertise in E&C, and oil & gas and/or the technical functions that support them, operating in Petrofac key geographies.
- Functional knowledge – expertise in some of the key support functions e.g. Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Company Secretary etc.
- Industry knowledge – knowledge of how Petrofac’s competitors, clients and contractors operate.
- Graduates, probably with second degree e.g. MSc, MBA
- Professional qualification, for example Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, chartered or certified accountant, IT certifications, chartered engineer etc.
- Internal Auditing, risk and controls.
- Understanding of the business.
- Fact based and attention to detail – comfortable operating in a detailed, fact-based environment.
- Analytic skills – ability to apply clarity of thought to audit work.
- Sound judgement – ability to identify issues that need further testing and understanding of own limitations/when to consult.
- Report writing- strong written English skills.
- Gravitas and credible – ability to be credible in business discussions up to ExCom level, some of which will be challenging.
- Managing diverse relationships – across different parts of the business in support of audit delivery.
- 15 years Internal Audit and/or other relevant experience gained in Petrofac and/or other relevant companies or professional services firms (eg: KPMG, Deloitte, EY, PwC).
- Experience of working in the business either in the first or second line of defence would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in different geographies and multicultural organisations.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
How to Apply
196 total views, 1 today