Seddiqi Holding is a family-owned and managed company with a unique, diversified portfolio of businesses and brands across numerous sectors. The business units include Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons – the longest-standing and largest unit within the group, Seddiqi Properties, Swiss Watch Services and Mizzen.
We are looking for an Accounts Manager who will be responsible for supporting & assisting the Head – Accounting Operations in the management of accounting and book-keeping activities through appropriately processing accounting transactions in compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Finance Function departmental strategy to support overall business priorities
- Oversee and supervise core accounting functions general ledger, cash and bank, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as the monthly, quarterly and annual closure process
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of monthly financials. Review Group Trial Balance on monthly basis and validate the monthly movements in TB with justifications. Prepare and coordinate with team members for the required schedules
- Ensure implementation and closure of all audit action points as per the Internal Audit findings for Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Supervise the payable team in ensuring timely payments. Also, responsible for supervising the Receivable team to ensure timely collections as per agreed payment terms
- Work closely with the IT function in defining user requirements to enable the development and up gradation of the Group ERP system, for the accounting function
- Monitor of GL and open LPOs, providing proactive troubleshoot ideas
- Supervise the preparation of regular accounting reports, e.g. trial balance, customer statements of account, aged debtors analysis, monthly payment schedule, daily cash report, daily collection report, monthly summary of accounts books, etc.
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback and undertake performance appraisals for all direct reports
In order to be successful in this role, you should have
- 8 – 10 years of experience in managing and leading the Accounts team
- Candidates with Retail/Real Estate experience and Holding Company experience will be preferred
- Candidates must possess advanced MS Excel Modelling and Analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- ERP Experience, preferably SAP or Oracle preferred