Full-Time GM Financial Control
A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “GM Financial Control”. The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and cost estimation.
|Company Name||Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | CFA|
|Experience||8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||35,000 AED – 40,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
About The Role
We are currently seeking an experienced financial leader to serve as our GM of Financial Control for our Retail organization.
The jobholder will provide strong leadership and delivers a clear vision in managing financial control, reporting and BPC. The role is responsible for supporting and advising the Retail leadership on underlying trends in the business whilst also supporting in working alongside the wider Al-Futtaim Group.
Al-Futtaim Retail operates across 2 regions, GCC and Asia with a wide range of brands including market leaders such IKEA, M&S, ACE, Watsons, and a large Fashion portfolio. Across Asia, Al-Futtaim’s retail portfolio includes Inditex and M&S.
- Ensure overall compliance with operational accounting policies across the whole division.
- Overall responsibility for all accounting processes, and standard operating procedures
- Perform effective training and management on the accounting procedures for the team.
- Responsible for the overall management and review of Master Data including Principal agreements / Contracts / SLAs Budget review, YO alignment, and overall business performance against budget.
- Overall management of the preparation of consolidated accounts for the Division and in-country statutory report on an accurate, efficient, and timely basis
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with SFRS/IFRS, group policy, and the statutory requirement of each country within which the business operates.
- Ensure uniform Accounting and reporting standards across all legal entities. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of statutory accounts in full compliance with group accounting policies, SFRS, and IFRS.
- Overall responsibility to ensure all Group Financial reporting requirements (HY / YE / Statistical Data & Variance analysis) are completed as per deadlines.
- KPIs, Stakeholder Feedback
Corporate and Brand
- Promote Brand and Corporate Values throughout the Finance Team.
- Regularly and proactively communicates with Retail to establish and maintain a good working relationship and partnership.
- Work with Retail to resolve issues and deliver opportunities for driving current and future commercial targets.
- Prevent & solve compliance issues before they occur
- Represent AFR positively at any client meetings and help to grow the positive image of the company.
BPC & System
- Be able to take control and manage multiple system requirements and uploads to ensure timely reporting to the division’s CFO and wider stakeholders.
- Ensure System governance across the wider team.
- KPIs, System review
- Professional Degree in Finance, Chartered Accountant, ACCA, ACMA, or MBA Finance is preferred.
Minimum Experience And Knowledge
- +15 years of experience in a similar role.
- A background in Audit (Big 4) would be a key benefit to this role
- Motivated and can deliver strong financial control across multiple countries and regions.
- Deep understanding of financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Experience with, and passion for retail business
- Experience with SAP
- Must have the ability to create an environment where Al Futtaim behaviors are exhibited at all levels
- Customer Focus
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Leadership
How to Apply
415 total views, 3 today