Full-Time Chief Accountant
A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Al Fujairah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Accountant”.
||Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Al Fujairah|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree (Accounting/Finance)|
|Experience||3 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||8,000 AED – 10,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
APPLY NOW – CHECK THE BELOW EMAIL TO APPLY FOR A JOB
As the role of Chief Accountant, you will be responsible to establish the job scope, duties, and will assist Cluster Financial Controller to apply your leadership and analytical strength, where the high standards for accuracy and thoroughness will inspire the same among your team.
What Is In It For You
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Transportation to & from the hotel
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What You Will Be Doing
Reports to Cluster Financial Controller, lateral working relationships with the department heads. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in preparing, in conjunction with the General Manager and other department heads, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecast. Will be assisting in establish the annual budget preparation procedures and guidelines.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in providing accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely and accurate basis to hotel management, corporate office and owners in accordance with the company and ownership reporting requirements and policy. In addition, you will be also responsible for reporting accurately and timely, the actual results as compared to budget/forecast results. To maintain adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for furniture, equipment and operating equipment to the budgeted amounts.
- Costs are properly matched to revenues and recorded in the proper accounts.
- Month-end information is transmitted to Corporate and Regional offices on a timely and accurate basis. Based on the detailed instructions sent out on verification of totals from the Financials System and the Reporting System.
- Preliminary statements are delivered to Executive Committee and Department heads month-end and final statements as per the reporting calendar.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in identifying monthly commentary of results is clear and concise with major issues.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller of commentaries are submitted timely with action plans to address deficiencies and a look towards the future.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in:
- Accuracy is a high priority for all managers, and they are held accountable. The range is not more than a 3-5% change from the last forecast.
- Meetings are held monthly to critique past forecast accuracy and prepare the current forecast.
- The Forecast is reviewed with management monthly and provided to corporate recipients on a timely basis.
- Accountable for the development, documentation, and maintenance, within hotels, to ensure compliance with internal/standard controls requirements.
- All laws and fiscal regulations of the area location, which affect financial matters of the hotel, will be complied with. This includes seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such things as liquor licenses, sellers permit business licenses, etc.
- The safekeeping of all leases and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and keep current on the Critical Date List.
- To ensure that the hotel accounting department is operating efficiently and at optimum staffing levels so that there are succession plans in place for the top three positions.
- To recommend and assist in the design, implementation, and use of methods and procedures that improve the accuracy of working schedules, labor standards; forecast plans to assist operational staff. Monitor on an ongoing basis the accuracy and recommend correct measurements as necessary.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in developing, implementing and monitoring credit and collection procedures and guidelines pursuant to “adopted” corporate credit policies.
- Will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, and analytical skills. Strong systems background needed.
- Perform other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Succession planning efforts are part of everyday activities. Those colleagues with growth capabilities are identified and put on the specific training programs.
- Assist Cluster Financial Controller in reaching job description updates, etc. are timely and per policy.
- Accounting staff receive proper training per year. Examples would include cross-training, Sales and use Tax, Excel, etc.
- Open lines of communication are maintained to reduce turnover and grievances.
- All company-related recoveries are accurately calculated and booked in accordance with the Chart of Accounts.
- Payment is made to the Company within the contract terms, 30 days.
- Accounts are properly recorded in the chart of accounts and reviewed for material changes quarterly on the commentary report.
- Accounts are reconciled by the 20th day of next month following the close of month-end.
- Tax rates used are current and accurate.
- Proper amounts are collected/accrued by the 20th.
- Taxes are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that all applicable permits and licenses are in place.
- Maintain Hotel Insurance requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures is required.
- Thorough knowledge of understanding and proper application of policies and procedures.
- A high level of integrity (Personal, Control, Accounting and Policy) is maintained.
- Operating / business issues are reviewed and resolved with Cluster Financial Controller.
- Issues surrounding Accounting, Policy or Controls are reviewed with Cluster Financial Controller.
- Maintaining all of the hotel’s accounting records in the manner prescribed by the corporate office to comply with legislative requirements and contractual obligations. Similarly, all reports and financial statements will be prepared on a timely basis in accordance with instructions prescribed by cooperating office.
- Complying with the Company’s Finance and Accounting Policy and Procedures Manual and any memorandums issued by the Corporate Finance and Accounting Department.
- Complying with all of the area’s laws and fiscal regulations which affect the hotel financial matters, including ensuring that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such things as importation, currency transfers, liquor licenses, etc. If compliance with local laws and regulations results in non-compliance with the corporate office’s requirements, the Cluster Financial Controller should be advised so that proper action may be taken.
- Ensuring the safety of all documents may affect the hotel’s financial status, including leases, contracts, and any other legal records and documents. Such documents are to be maintained as prescribed in policy.
- Ensuring that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled.
- Acting as one of the hotel’s signing authorities, and as such, signing all cheques and other payments, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and accounts payable vouchers.
- Ensuring that all unclaimed wages are redeposited promptly in the bank account or otherwise treated according to local regulations.
- Maintaining a close connection with the hotel’s auditors, both external and internal, to ensure the objective verification of the hotel’s financial affairs.
- Approving, by signing or initialing, all monthly journal entries that are posted to the General or Operating Ledger.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Department Manager.
Your Experience And Skills Include
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your Team And Working Environment
- Be a part of our multicultural team.
- Enjoy nature as our location provides majestic mountains in the northern Fujairah.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
How to Apply
400 total views, 1 today