A well-known and well-reputed Company based in the Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Accountant”.
||Progesys Inc. United Arab Emirates|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,000 AED – 7,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
|Location||United Arab Emirates|
Progesys Inc. is a recognized firm in industrial project management and its optimal transitions from construction to operation. The company is based in Laval (Canada) since 2002 and has offices in the United States, the Middle East, and Asia.
An accountant is part of finance and accounting department and reports to the Accounting Manager.
Performs complex and confidential bookkeeping/accounting clerical job as part of the full accounting cycle. Maintains diverse and detailed financial records and provides a variety of responsible clerical assistance in an assigned function such as accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable/collections, intercompany transactions, projects allocation cost/revenue, bank reconciliation etc.
Experience: At least 2 years of progressively responsible bookkeeping, purchasing, and/or accounting experience is required.
Education: Education beyond high school in accounting or a related field.
Skills: Exceptional aptitude in accounting procedures. The ability to learn, apply and communicate policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to an intercompany, multicurrency business. (Good level in English) and interpersonal skills are required. Good knowledge of accounting software (asset Financial Force) and spreadsheet software (such as Excel), word processing software (such as Word), willing to work in a paperless environment. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintains a general ledger according to an approved chart of accounts by posting entries, making adjusting entries, performing the daily computer entry functions associated with those ledgers, and preparing financial statements from those ledgers.
- Enter of supplier accounts, purchase invoices, coding including projects allocation. Working with supplier statements and paying them in a timely manner by issuing checks or electronic payments. Manage and enter credit cards and petty cash. Filing physical/e-filing.
- Enter client accounts, process monthly billing, and follow the collections in a timely manner. Verifying the information of time cards and expense reports for billing purposes based on the contracts of the projects.
- Process month-end journal entries such as prepayments, accruals, intercompany etc. entering monthly exchange rates in the system. Bank and general ledgers reconciliations.
- Preparing sales tax reporting documentation and backup based on the filing period established by the government.
- Assisting controller with the month and year end financial reporting and back up as per need.
- Assisting project managers with different reports related to projects and admin accounts as per their needs.
Advantages and Improvements
- Improve the entering of the payable and receivables data in time and without errors in the system
- Improve to reach the deadlines of paying taxes and closing month-end, year-end and -keep accounting records
- Speeding up the process of invoicing
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable by following closely with the clients and keep the cash flow in good status
- Taking care of credit cards and petty cash (before done by the office manager)
- Will help accounting manager in reconciliation and reports for month-end and year-end and other tasks.
- Will reduce overload work for the manager and the payroll technician
Overview Of The Conditions Offered
Challenging projects – we like to keep things moving!
Flexible hours and occasional telecommuting opportunities
Spacious and bright offices, including gym and shower
Training program adapted to your objectives
Bonus: a human, competent and diversified team
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Mining & Metals
- Oil & Energy
How to Apply
126 total views, 1 today